Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pointless

While I don't post on an even semi-regular basis, I think about writing a lot. Thousands of words go through my mind that I intend on writing down, but somehow they just never make it there (or here). Most of it is either rants about things I am pissed off about, or philosophical thoughts that are way too esoteric to bring up in most company. And then there is the stuff that goes through your mind when you are really depressed.  Most of that comes out when I am either drinking or getting ready to go back to work after a long hiatus (like now).

I just can't bring myself to take the time to blog about mundane, or otherwise what I consider to be relatively unimportant stuff. And when the important stuff comes to mind, I don't think to write it down. I will never be a writer, but have enormous respect for those that can and do. My daughter got her degree in biology, but has minors in chemistry and writing. She is smarter and more ambitious in some ways than I am. I don't know where the writing came from, but not from me.

More later,

maybe...

Joe.

1 comment:

Kami said...

When I think of something I might want to blog about while I'm out and about, I have to write it down or by the time I sit down at the computer, all I remember is that I had something to blog about. It's like going downstairs to get something, and I can't remember what it was, just that I had to get something.

I would be interested in reading about your teaching experiences. You have to be careful, though. Sometimes administrators don't like that, so everything edgy has to be generic, with fake names and the circumstances altered just enough that no one can really recognize themselves. I walk that fine line when I write about work. Scary, but fun.